Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Special Journey to Malaka





Time is running fast and without any scar. I still remember last time I had my foundation in management in Melaka. That just like a special journey a part of my life. I learn a lot of new things at there and I have chance to taste the village people style.

I am birth and living in KL and Ampang . I never go deeply to those "small town before" .I always stay at home and I am protective by my parents, like a fish in an aquarium. My parents not allow i going out alone or only with 2 or 3 friends. They also not allow I walk back from school or take bus to tuition even I already from 5. They not allow I has boyfriend and they will very sentitive when some of my male friend call me or sms with me. I feel no freedom at all and feel bore to my life yet I know my parents just worry about me due to so many abusive cases happen around KL.

But when I studied in melaka during my alpha year, I lived in MMU Hostel. It's totally different with the life which I having before. My room very small and no air-cond. It is look old and dirty. I need to wear shoes to go inside. In the night time, there is very cool and full of mosqito, sometimes have insert "jogging" in my room. Terrible and horrible for me to live at here. I only can go home in sem break because my mum not allow I going back by bus. I need to watch all of my clothes without washing machine. I need to walk and take bus if I want to go out to eat or shopping. This is what i never and ever experience before.

After 1 month, I already adapt it. I become more independence and I realize that my home is very nice. I started to join some co-curiclum and organised some event. I also study hard since i quite free at there. I stared to learn how to write a proposul of an event. I stared to learn how to adapt the enviroment which different with me life. I started to learn how to have a good communication skills and also public speaking skills.


I gain a lot on that year. I also loss a lot on that year. What I gain are the chances and experiences to learn how to organize an event and leardership skills. What I lost are the time to study well and time to be with my family. I even spent my sleeping time to meeting with my event partner. I felt what I gains are much more value than what I had been loss. It make me feel we have to treasure the time when being with our family because family are the one will support you untill then end when everyone already leaving you.

The experiences of to be a part of organizing committee of an event actually are can improve our prosedural knowledge. Based on our thinking process , it have four types of knowledge by thinking process. Those are declarative knowledge (based on factual information), prosedural knowledge(based on alnayze and stategics), semantics knowledge(basd on abstract knowledge) and episodic knowlegde(based on what had been done). Prosedural knowledge is usefull when we become a manger or event director, you have to know how to anlaze the current
situasion and what decision you suppose to make when face the globalization or other challanges. It's not a want for us but a need. We need to know adapt the new enviroment and how to solve the problem in our life to make us survive in this world which full of competition among the others.

I feel gald to know a lot of friend in there espcially those senior who teach me a lot. They always patient to teach me even I am hot template and always "fat lan za" (means angry) to them. I appreciate what they had been giving me. Multimedia University (melaka campus) make me feel like a home and they all are my family.


Now I return back to the origin already, become the Jess before study in MMU due to my family issue (since my mum not allow I join and active in club). But I believe what I had been gain in Melaka already enought for me as a beautiful memories to falsh back when I become older.

I tell myself ,
If I have chance and I able ,
I will go back to Melaka to visit all of them and Melaka campus,
because here is my home , forever home.

There is the place who make me grow up,
and full of my blood and tears.

Miss you all much

No comments: