Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lucky Tree ?!


Do you believe everything is this world is depends on luck ?
Will you feel that you can gain or loss something is because or luck ?

Luck, in Chinese we will called it as "ong" , based on Hokken traditional language.

During the Chinese New Year season, you can see most of the shopping center will hang red cloths around. Some of them will also sell some special and something that can bring luck to us. Red cloths or red colour's stuff can bring "ong" toward us if we hang it around our house.

Many people will buy or give somethings are look like special, such as :
1. Bamboo ( means business will increase much)
2. Red clothes ( bring "ong" around us )
3. Angpau ( lucky and wealthy)
4. Candy ( sweet and harmony throughout the whole year)
5. Kali graft "fu" which inverse to stick (inverse mean coming, "fu" mean happiness, so it mean happines is coming soon)

My mum bought a tree that tied by red ribbon at morning market few days before New Year. She put it in front of my windows because someone told her my cat will die after the new yearbecause of the bad luck from the windows. We need to put a tree to defend the bad muck come and take care our cat well.

What my mum doing was based her assumption. Because of someone told her my cat will die after new year by the bad luck and it is come from the windows, I have to put a tree in front of my windows and need to take care it ?

Assumption is a statement that one automatically accepts, without requiring any proof .
It’s a postulate (idea) that we already believe is true. It’s the underlying thought or feeling that we have about an idea. Based on my mum's assumption of the bad luck, I already suffer 2 months and at end of the story is totally different. The tree is life until now but the cat already after 2 days she brought the tree. The reason that it die was because if it already old and will die soon even someone can treat it or save it now.

Assumption ? Assuming ? I assume that you angry with me since you keep on said I always punch people ( but the fact is I never do so la) .

Assumptions are need a lot of evidence to prove it before we believe it. Next time when you want to do a decision , make sure you have evidence to support your idea.


No comments: